Tenant Information

Tenants now have the ability to complete Viewing and Application Forms Online!
When searching for the ideal home it is imperative to take everything into consideration and take your time. We help tenants in Stockton, Middlesbrough, Hartlepool, Redcar and Darlington offering not just a property but all of the necessary information attached to the rental process. We are a leading Teesside Letting Agency and also Landlords. We have NO HIDDEN FEES.

[dt_sc_hr_border /]


The process is simple. View the available properties and arrange a viewing. Upon application the only fees you pay are towards the cost of the credit checks and referencing should this be requested by the landlord.


Once settled on a particular property you wish to rent, we will ask you to complete our easy to use Application Form. The planned commencement date shall also be determined. Note: Once your application has been approved we will require a £200 Holding Deposit within 24 hours which will be deducted from the first months rent.


We charge only £49 for each Tenancy Application, this is to cover the administration / referencing cost, including the preparation of the tenancy documentation and cost of credit references. The fee is non refundable if you fail or withdraw the application.

Tenant Options


In order to take the property off the market until the planned tenancy commencement date, a £200 holding deposit is required. The holding fee secures the Landlord against all reasonable costs incurred should you withdraw from the agreement or fail to take up the tenancy within the agreed timescales. This is payable within 24 hours of a successful Application.


As part of the application, we will endeavour (with your permission) to obtain written references to support the information you provide. This will usually mean contacting your employer, current or previous Landlord and someone to give you a character reference. We will also carry out a credit search, using an independent referencing company.

Should we decide a guarantor is required before a tenancy can be granted; the same process of referencing will apply to the guarantor who must also be a homeowner.


Some landlords may wish to apply certain restrictions to a tenancy. Please find below some examples of typical restrictions that may be imposed:

  • Smokers
  • Housing Benefit
  • Students
  • Pets

You should be advised of any restrictions before an agreed viewing of a property takes place.


If you are self-employed, we will require a written reference from your bank and accountant. We will also require accounts, usually dating back 3 years.


If you are a student who cannot prove a consistent and sufficient income, you will need a parent, relative or close friend to guarantee the rent and adherence to any other tenant obligation listed within the agreement.


At the start of every tenancy we collect a deposit normally equal to a minimum of one month’s rent. This is used in the event of breakage or damage caused.

In accordance with the Housing Act 2004, Landlords are no longer permitted to retain a Tenant’s deposit and must select either an insured based or custodial based scheme in which to hold a Tenant’s deposit. A statutory certificate is then supplied to the Tenant advising on which approved scheme protects the deposit. This must be done within 30 days of the tenancy start date. Please speak to one of our representatives for further information.


In the event of a dispute, both parties will have 10 days to resolve the matter. If no resolution has been reached, they will be invited to make use of the Alternative Dispute Resolution process that is provided free with their chosen deposit scheme. Should the parties opt for Alternative Dispute Resolution they will be bound by its decision with no redress to the courts.


As soon as we receive satisfactory replies to our reference enquiries, we shall contact you to agree a time to move in on the planned commencement date.

We would advise that for the start of the tenancy, we will arrange for Gas, Electric, Water, Telephone and Council Tax accounts to be transferred into your name. Please speak to one of our representatives who will instruct you further.


When renting a property it is very important to make sure you are covered by insurance for any damages that may occur. The landlords own insurance will not cover the tenant’s belongings. It will also exclude cover for if a tenant accidentally damages the Landlords property and therefore it could result in the loss of your deposit to cover the repairs.

Please speak to one our representatives for further details


Rents are paid in advance and by standing order unless otherwise agreed by the Landlord / Agent.