Ladder Homes is owned and operated by Ladder Homes Ltd, registered in England and Wales with company number 08529767. Please address all correspondence to:
Ladder Homes Ltd
70-74 Brunswick Street
Stockton-on-Tees, TS18 1DW.
You agree that in your use of this site:
- any information you provide on this site is accurate and reliable to the best of your knowledge (this includes all personal information, contact details and information related to property listings);
- you will not use Ladder Homes to distribute any illegal, obscene or otherwise harmful material;
- you will not do anything to interfere with other users’ access to the site;
- you will not copy material from the Ladder Homes site without our permission.
You also agree and warrant when you list a property on this site that:
- you have the right to offer the property for rental and will not breach any law, agreement or contract by doing so (this includes the terms of any mortgage on the property, insurance, fire regulations, gas and electrical safety)
- a valid Landlord Registration Number will be included in any advertisement where this is legally required
- you will only post or otherwise make available photographs, video, and other information for which you have lawful authority
- the property has a valid Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
- the property has a valid Landlord Insurance policy
- the property has a valid Gas Safety Certificate
- the property meets all Electrical Safety obligations
- the property’s windows and doors all lock properly & securely
- everything you provide with the property is safe and in working order
Risk and Information Quality
- Although we have features in place to maintain a high standard of information quality, Ladder Homes cannot make any absolute guarantee over the accuracy of any information supplied on this site.
- You should satisfy yourself of the accuracy of any and all information before entering into any contract or agreement. In particular, please verify the identity of any person to whom you are handing over money. You should not use the Apply feature or pay holding deposits or similar payments before you have viewed a property and met the landlord and/or relevant parties.
- Material supplied on this site, including content on our blog and social media accounts, does not constitute legal advice and is supplied for information purposes only.
Use of the Service
- Ladder Homes provides a marketplace for landlords and tenants to meet and supports this with features to reduce the risks and administrative burden of the transaction, however we cannot provide any guarantee regarding the integrity of the information supplied on this site or its users.
- In addition to advertising a landlord’s property online, we may erect a To Let board at the property to inform potential applicants of its availability. We will do this for selected properties at our sole discretion and make no guarantee to provide this service for any particular property or at any particular time. Landlords should notify Ladder Homes in writing if they have previously agreed not to erect a To Let board with the Freeholder or other interested parties, or if they would prefer not to have a To Let board erected at their property.
- You should satisfy yourself of the accuracy of any and all information and of the integrity of all individuals you are transacting with before entering into any contract or agreement or making payments directly to them.
- At a landlord’s request we can provide a tenant referencing service via one of our referencing partners; although this is designed to help our users make a more informed decision we similarly cannot provide any guarantee regarding the integrity of the information supplied or the users being referenced.
- Since the services we offer are non-tangible and irrevocable we cannot issue refunds after a listing or reference is commenced except at our sole discretion. Having said this we are committed to our customers and will make our best efforts to help you if you are not fully satisfied when using our paid services.
- We reserve the right to limit your activities on our sites (including, without limitation, restricting the number of properties you may list on our sites), if we think that such restrictions will improve the security of the Ladder Homes community or reduce our or another Ladder Homes user’s exposure to financial or other liabilities.
- We also reserve the right to cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a long time or to modify or discontinue Ladder Homes listings. You agree not to hold Ladder Homes responsible for any loss you may incur as a result of Ladder Homes taking this action.
Fair Use Policy
- In order to protect all landlords using our system, and the tenants enquiring, we reserve the right to take down listings if we deem them to be abusing the system. We do this to prevent spam, stop harvesting of tenant details, and to encourage all adverts to portray a true representation of the available property.
- Although we don’t expect our fair usage limits to be breached by genuine landlords, we reserve the right to remove or limit all adverts which are generating disproportionately high number of viewing requests, or where 3 months has elapsed from the time of publishing the advert.
- Once a Tenant has passed referencing, Ladder Homes will require them to pay a Holding Deposit of £200 and agree a move in date.
- Payment of the Holding Deposit confirms that the tenant is applying to rent the property in question and commits them to move in to the property on the agreed date.
- Once the Holding Deposit has been paid, the property may appear in searches on Ladder Homes while the tenant’s application is active.
- Once the Holding Deposit is paid by the tenant, the landlord has full discretion on whether to accept the tenant’s application, including but not limited to requiring referencing or meeting the tenant in person.
- Should a tenant subsequently cancel or abandon their application to rent the property in question, the Holding Deposit will not be returned.
- If for other reasons the application is not successful – for example if the landlord rejects the tenant’s application or referencing is unsatisfactory – the Holding Deposit will be returned to the tenant.
- In the case that a landlord requests referencing, this will be undertaken at the expense of the tenant through Ladder Homes. Referencing fees will be in addition the Holding Deposit meaning that for some unsuccessful applications, the tenant will lose their application cost.
- If an application is successful, the Holding Deposit will be treated as a part payment of other amounts becoming due – including but not limited to tenancy deposits and rent payments.
- Ladder Homes’s relationship to all documents completed using the service is that of a trusted, disinterested third party. Accordingly, Ladder Homes disclaims any representations of any kind regarding the documents that pass through the service. You are responsible for recognizing the parties of interest in all transactions you complete using the service and assessing all associated risks.
- You expressly understand and agree that Ladder Homes shall not be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages of any kind, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if such Ladder Homes has been advised of the possibility thereof), and including damages resulting from: (i) any document or transaction sent through the service; (ii) the use or inability to use the service, including errors, interruptions or delays; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your documents or transmissions; or (iv) any other matter relating to the service.
Tenancy Deposits & Rent Payments
- Tenancies created via the ‘Tenant Find’ feature will have their deposit registered by Ladder Homes with the Deposit Protection Service.
- Ladder Homes will also process payment of the first month’s rent. This payment will be held by Ladder Homes until the tenant is satisfactorily moved into the premises up to a maximum of 14 days from the beginning of the Term, after which it will be paid to the Landlord with Ladder Homes’s outstanding fees deducted where applicable.
- Subsequent instalments of rent will be paid by the tenant direct to the landlord when they become due according to the tenancy agreement.
- In operating this service Ladder Homes will make its best efforts, however we (including our affiliates, officers, directors, agents, subcontractors and employees) will not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any liabilities, damages or losses (whether direct, indirect, consequential, special or otherwise) incurred or suffered by you or any third party in connection with its use.
Legal Disclaimer on Use of Ladder Homes
- Except where provided elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we (including our affiliates, officers, directors, agents, subcontractors and employees) will not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any liabilities, damages or losses (whether direct, indirect, consequential, special or otherwise) incurred or suffered by you or any third party in connection with this site, or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of this site, any sites linked to it and any materials posted on it.
- We are not liable for any consequences or loss from your use of this website.
© Ladder Homes Ltd.
Ask Question – Office 202, 70-74 Brunswick Street, Stockton-on-Tees, TS18 1DW